Monday, February 14, 2011

I Wonder: Grandparents

From time to time I will create entries that will be under the influence of "nature". These thoughts will be things that I find fascinating during these "natural" times;or, they can be things that i'm other wise scared to say.

I Wonder
Installment #1

I Wonder...

Will my grandparents ever get off my back about having a baby? Apparently, the same people who told me to keep my legs closed. Who commented that everyone would think I was a whore because I had a boyfriend. Have now decided that because I'm getting older its officially okay for me to fuck anything with a sperm count of 1+; because now that they are getting closer to the banana peel under the heel, they need to see some type of life twirl down my uterus before they can make it in to "Glory"!

I certainly hope that they don't think that I will be keeping the baby, should I pop one out and it takes them more than a few years to expire.

I Wonder...

When exactly these same grandparents, who had so much hope and promise in me being a star that they told me to allows follow my dreams; got together and had a meeting and decided that after year and years of chasing said dream, they were going to no longer be supportive and take every opportunity they could to snatch what little bit of hope I was holding on to for success, by making feel like the last rag in the laundry bag? I constantly hear: "Well, baby if it was for you God would have given it to you by now." , "Some times the devil dresses up things and makes us think its for us and its not.", or my favorite,"No, baby, we ain't gonna pray for your success anymore we are currently asking God to bind that demon of optimism that you have in being a famous comic". When I ask my grandmother if she thinks I will make it, her reply is: "I don't know, but you gonna have to hurry up if you are cause I don't have much time left".

Now, not only do I have to have a baby before their death, I also have to be star! My grandparents are in their mid-70's, somebody find Barry Katz quick!


by Yamaneika "Yelling Girl"

No comments: