Friday, February 11, 2011

King of Eygpt?


It's official, Hosni Mubarak has resigned as President of Egypt. Now, if you have been under a rock for weeks, this may come as a shock to you, but to the rest of the world this is NOT news.

Today's entry is not necessarily about Egypt, I don't want to get to political on this post because I'm not that accurate when its comes to politics and I've very irreverent, however, there are somethings I would like to address when it comes to this matter overall.

Many times in the United States, we sit by and see injustice or discrimination and we complain about it (I'm speaking specifically to minorities, because 2520's have no problem when it comes to complaining); there is no real action or if there is action its very short lived. Now, without trying to cause an all out race riot or revolt in this country; I would like to say that if the United States were more proactive when its comes to things that we don't agree on and take a stand, this country would be in a better place.

It's easy to get bogged down by problems and think that you are smaller than a situation, its only when you step outside of yourself and realize that you can make a difference and that your courage might encourage others; will things really happen.

Egypt was sick and tired of that motherfucker holding that seat, year after year, and when they saw that his son was about to continue on the legacy they collectively did a black woman's "Oh, hell no!", put some Vaseline on their knuckles and got to stepping out in protest like they had a hot perm on their heads that needed to be rinsed off! (Now, I realize that I just used a long series of "sistah girl" analogies - and I apologize for my white male readers who may be lost in the sauce. Let's just say I was trying to show you how "sassy" Egypt just got on Hosni Mubarak ass).
No matter what your stance is on this uprising in Egypt, you have respect the gangsta of their citizens to say "Get the fuck outta here, or we are gonna stomp you out like a campfire". They were willing to put their lives, reputation, and future on the line for what they believed in.

I encourage you all to find something in your lives that needs to be changed and then tell that person/thing/or situation to "Get the fuck outta here, or I am gonna stomp you out like a campfire."

No comments: