Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sexy And The City!


Unlike most of the other guppies women around the world, I did not go to see 'Sex and the City'. Call me jaded, but I see nothing fascinating about watching four white women run around Manhattan in Prada and Gucci complaining about bullshit problems like: not have the right outfit to match your new Fendi shoes, or how to let down the mail room boy you've been fucking for three months because you've finally decided to get serious with the CEO of Apple Computers. If I wanted to see a bunch of Catch U Next Tuesday'S walking around being obnoxious then I would just look out my window.

As a matter of fact, I live on the Upper East Side (well, until rent is due anyway) and I've never seen one woman look like Carrie or the rest of the cattle. You want to know what women in Manhattan really look like, watch the Real Housewives of New York.

Call me a bitch, no really call me a bitch I live for that, but I remember a story about 13 years ago centered around four women dealing with life - its was called 'Waiting to Exhale'. How come when four white women are dealing with life its about Sex and the City, but four sistahs got to be waiting to exhale? I mean, really!

Instead of Hollywood being so obnoxious and making everything so one sided, how about actually putting together a movie that has women of all backgrounds and lifestyles. It's no longer 1923, we all live cohesively together now.

Just my opinion. Now if you want to really go see a great movie - go see The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, I saw it twice!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right On!

Anonymous said...

I went to see sex and the city and it was just okay.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more - I wonder what you will right about next?