Thursday, January 22, 2009

Is Obama Black?



Let me take some time to be serious now, because this is a serious issue and I don't want to make light of this situation. Here are the reasons why some consider Obama not to be our "first black president":

1) He's Married to Black Woman
2) He's President
3) He takes care of his kids

Okay, I promise no more jokes. I promise. Hehehe!

This issue is very simple, yet very complex. Obama is non-threatening, which made him the perfect "black" man to run for the job of president. Is America over it's racial hump because Obama is president, of course not. Are things gonna get better, we hope.

However, race does still play a big part in our country. Now, take some big black (and I mean Wesley Snipes and Seal had a baby) burly nigga, with soup bowl lips, gigantic hands, but with the same qualifications and background as Obama; would he be president, HELL NO! No way you gonna see no dark chocolate in the white house, you better enjoy Michelle Obama while she's there cause that's the blackest the white house is gonna get.

I remember being on stage during the campaign process and saying to crowds "why do we act like Obama is not white also?", to which I got blank stares and sometimes comments like: "he's black", "he isn't white", or "he looks black, so he's black". Not one person wanted to take responsibility for Obamas whiteness. Now, he stands today our president all the stories have changed and now everyone is taking their claim in this man. The whites want a piece, niggas we know we got our piece, and who else? I'm just waiting for a Tiger Woods moment to happen in 3, 2, 1...

Bottom line, I understand where some blacks are coming from when they say he ain't our first black president, because America ain't gonna put no real nigga in office. I understand where other black say he is our first black president, because America created this 1/16 rule and it still applies (don't try to take it back now). I understand where some whites are coming from, because his mother was white and he shouldn't have to deny his heritage.

I just say, lets all calm down, enjoy the fact that Bush is out of office.

All jokes aside, even though from time to time I will say our "blackish" president - I absolutely respect Obama, and feel totally safe in his hands. But, that nigga ain't above being cracked on like the rest of ya'll.

No comments: