Monday, January 5, 2009

Where the F*^%K to they find these men?!


Essence has come out with its annual 'Will You Marry Me' bullshit. This is where .0023 % of those 30% of black women who will find a man, gets a marriage proposal of a life time.

As much as I want to hate on these women, hey they found their man, so congratulations! I just want to know where they found these guys?! The stories this year are very dramatic and makes me wonder why I can't keep a man for more than .24 seconds! One man decided to commit his life to his future wife, who was diagnosed with Multiple-Sclerosis! Can you imagine a man loving you that much?! I can't even get a man who can deal with my incessant snoring and morning breath, let a long a debilitating disease! I had a nigga leave me because I burnt a piece of toast. "You burnt the toast, bitch I'm outta here".

Another lady finds her man in the grocery store, getting ORANGE JUICE!!! I am always getting Orange Juice!!! Ridiculous

If you are interested in seeing these proposals and hearing their stories go to www.essence.com That's where you will find all the bullshit.

I'm still shaking my head, something about seeing a man get down on his knees and ask a woman for her hand in marriage is very disconcerting to me. Quite, possibly I am so jaded by marriage and relationships, I can't even take the time not to smirk in amusement as these men share their undying love for these beautiful sistahs.

Even if I never have a proposal of my own (despite my mothers constant praying) I hope that I continue to see man stepping up to the plate and making the woman in their life, their partners for life!!!

No comments: